Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fractured Taos Church I and II


This is a pair of prints that show the progression of an idea. These two prints were made from the same plate as St. Francis at Rancho de Taos I (see 2009 entries). I have taken that plate and modified it. In the left image, I have added what I call a fractured technique which suggests that the image is either on or being viewed through fractured glass. This approach was suggested to me by some of the works of Paul Klee. I added a second plate for the orange of the church. In the right image, I cut the image of the church out of the plate so I could print the background and the church in two separate colors. These two images, plus the original image, show the progression of the same plate through several techniques.
Both images are the same size: 3 7/8 by 3 7/8 inches. Neither one exists as an edition. There are seven prints of the left image and four prints of the right image.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Friend,
    Well Come to you. I am happy after reading your blog information.These two images, plus the original image, show the progression of the same plate through several techniques.
    Original oil painting for sale

    ReplyDelete