Saturday, December 3, 2011

1772


This is yet another print with one of my favorite images, St. Francis de Assis church at Rancho de Taos. This church is one of the most iconic images in New Mexico and has to be seen to be believed.. Every artist who has ever passed through the area has done a rendition of this church: Ansel Adams, Georgia O’Keefe plus many others. There is a very nice book, called “Images of Spirit & Vision, Rancho de Taos Church” published by the Museum of New Mexico Press with nothing but images of the church by 80 different artists. Unfortunately, my work is not included (the book was published before I did this work).

This image is called 1772 because that is the estimate of the year when the first church was built on this site. It employs my fractured glass technique. This is the largest print that I have made of the church. The print is 15 7/8 by 11 7/8 inches. There are three plates, two in blue and one in orange. There is no edition. There are currently 5 prints of this image plus one print with a slightly different color scheme.

2 comments:

  1. This stylish art is so nice.I am very impressive and it is a very nice blog. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
    Serigraph print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew

      This is actually a multiplate etching, not a serigraph print. I'm glad that you liked it.

      Delete